Zensekai (zen's world under sail)

The sailing adventures of s/v Zen and crew

Monday, May 08, 2006

I'm new here! I just found this place by chance. Seems interesting enough. I have a page on MySpace, but did not blog anything as I have my own website with my sailing blog on it. Maybe I'll give this a shot as well. Seems like less kids on here than my space.

I would not mind meeting a few local folks from the area that sail, maybe a couple our age. Just normal folks or some old hippies would be cool.

We are just back from Japan a few weeks ago. I am so please the weather finally got good enough to sail. We went out this weekend past for a couple of hours. I thought it would be no wind, but I was able to get a 25 degree heel just running the jib. My first time doing that interesting learning something new.


I have been sailing for about 5 years now. My first boat was an Pearson Ariel. Nice old boat very forgiving of a newbie of which I was very glad after coming back from S.F. in near gale conditions, with no idea about reefing. It was touch and go but we made it!

My current boat is a 1967 Islander 29. I really like having the extra weight and room. More like a floating condo. Sometimes we just hang out on her at the marina. I plan on one day taking her to Japan via Hawaii/Marshall islands/Guam with maybe another stop in between.



Interesting enough i have picked up a mentor. An older gent has befriended me. He has the same boat which he has sailed to Hawaii and a Japanese wife and knows about the places I want to go having spent time there during WWII. amazing!



It will be interesting to see if anyone shows up here...

Hmmm already I am having problems posting this grrrrrr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club
  • Join us on Yahoo groups
  • We can make a difference
  •