Zensekai (zen's world under sail)

The sailing adventures of s/v Zen and crew

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Whooo hoo I got my first visiter today on the site.! oops two visitors, one did not leave anything, it's cool. I did the same to some while looking around.

I got my Gramin GPS legend today from ebay. Nice!! I foundout the ride to work on a bike I thought wa s3.5 miles is really 7.5!! wow. I maped a couple of way points for my trip to San Rafael on the 25th of this month. I will be out on the water this friday just sailing around Benica this friday since I am off. I'll get to run some test on it. I can test my speed, matybe I'll head over to Glen Cove.

My "sailing Sensei" (mentor) sent me a long email today telling about anchors and what he uses. Good info. His main one is a Bruce. Now I know what to look for to augment mine. I have not done any anchoring yet. I need to give that some test runs as well. That is after I full check out my anchoring system and mark the line. Doyou call that a line? hmm I do not think so...

3 Comments:

  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Zen said…

    doh, ! Well it is 3.5 mile and 7. something Kilometers. I thought that was too far

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger David Royall said…

    Anchor rode. I call the line attached to the anchor, "the rode". I don't know where I picked that up, but other sailors seem to know what I'm talking about when I say it.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Zen said…

    Yup that is it, I remembered afterward. Thanks for the visit. Loved your site pictures

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club
  • Join us on Yahoo groups
  • We can make a difference
  •