Zensekai (zen's world under sail)

The sailing adventures of s/v Zen and crew

Thursday, June 15, 2006


The Local News



Not much doing right now. I think I may even have the weekend off. There is suppose to be a memorial bike ride the office is putting on. I had planned on going, but that was before I lost 2 weekends. I could also go to my second, no third part-time job but. I am not up to it. I really just want to do some stuff on s/v Zen, and kick back. Not really feeling inspired. Maybe I can get a little sail time in over the weekend. Get a cosmic charge to my spirit battery.

I want to finish doing the bright work at least in the cockpit, especially the doors I want to sand down and put on a coat of Teaque. That stuff is great. They should help sponser my trip to Nippon. I'll ask them about that one day. Anyway the doors, will look great once refinished.

I went down the other night and installed an A/B switch on the speakers, all systems go on that! That was a good idea and works great. I just need to secure all the new wires now.

No real trips on the calendar soon. Next week Lady Zen and I will take a short sail (1 hr) over to Benica and have Thai lunch. I invited a couple from work, but do not think they will go, my "zen" sense is not feeling it. It would be nice to have another couple to hang with a bit though.

Up coming events:

Benica sail for lunch.

Golden Gate Yacht Club is having a open house with a talk from the couple I spoke of earlier who built their own "cat" and sailed around the world with their kids. You know the writer who did not answer my email...yeah that one. We may go to hear their sailing story if Lady Zen is off work in time.

Loc Lomond Yacht club flea market end of the month. I am hoping they have some cool boat stuff I can pickup "cheap"

Nothing really planned for July as far as sailing. I'll just do alot of practicing stuff from the ASA handbook. Otherwise just Mushotoku sailing.

AUG.

busy month

Sasulito Harbor is having a boating flea market and art show/sale. We have plans for that I think it is the 5th of Aug. Right after my week long Kung Fu Federation training seminar.

Then a trip to Vallejo with son of Zen. That will be his big sailing adventure and over night stay on the boat.

Mid Aug. may put us or Lady Zen back in Nippon for Obon or to help Okasan move to Osaka from Fukuoka. That is still up in the air.

End of the month I will take the second part of the ASA class. Going for certificate 2. basic Coastal Cruising.

Sept,

Lady Zen and I will head off to Morro Bay to do some whale watching. No, not on our boat we are doing it the commercal way.

Then plans for taking the ASA teacher certification on Keelboat 1 end of Sept.

Oct,

Maybe I'll feel adventurous and celebrate my new sailing status with a sail up to Napa. Take some Autumn shots of the vinyards. Overnight in Vallejo or there, then come back. That will require some cooperation from the tides, also dealing with a draw bridge. Hmmm still lots of time to think on that.

back to now...

I may go down and work on s/v zen's door locks tonight.

I found another local company to do the pillow'cushion case for s/v Zen, Instant Imprints. They were nice when I walked in and on the phone. Did not bad vib me, like I was bugging them when I walked in. I was going to just get some vinyl stuff, but the cost for embroadry was reasonable and will look much more classy, so I went for it. However the operator is going on vacation so I have to wait several weeks into July before it is ready, bummer! Oh well, I already waited a month for nothing. It will be worth it if it turns out nice.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger David Royall said…

    It is good to see you have a schedule. My calendar is no where near as interesting as your's. Boat projects will always be there, so I don't put them in my palm pilot anymore. We plan to sail down to Cape Canaveral to watch the shuttle launch in July, if the weather permits. Also in July, my sister may come to visit from St. Lucia. Other than those two things I only have painting the interior of Shibumi to look forward to until we leave for the Bahamas late next winter. It is inspiring to see a brother moving about such as you do. It encourages me to get up off my sorry a__ and get out to be entertained by the world.

     
  • At 1:36 AM, Blogger Val said…

    I came to your blog via a comment you left with Tillerman. I had to look at your profile with a user name like yours!

    I will be back, but just to say that my t'ai chi teachers is a potter, who sails. And I am just planning my next trip to Japan (Kyoto) NOT by boat!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Zen said…

    Royalld-san from your webiste, your life is comfortable and enjoyable. It took much effort to get where you are.
    We are both blessed...

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Zen said…

    Thanks Val
    I checked some of the wonderful picture on your site. Makes me want to visit when it is warm ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club
  • Join us on Yahoo groups
  • We can make a difference
  •