Zensekai (zen's world under sail)

The sailing adventures of s/v Zen and crew

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Finally


Wawhoo
My certificate finally came.
Sweet!

Acually I was surprised to get the certificate. I thought I was just getting a seal/sticker for my log book.

Anywho, finally after getting lost somewhere in the process, and a couple of emails to the folks handling things my ASA keelboat Certification finally showed up yesterday. Yeah I'm pleased.

The next level is Coastal Cruising of which I'm already signed up . Class starts end of this month. After that there is a teachers training class for Basic Keelboats. I am hopeing to take that end of Sept. here in Oakland. However...I may need to take it in Nov. down in Southern Ca if we have the s/v Zen crew from Japan visiting which we are hopeing to happen.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger EVK4 said…

    Congratulations, you're certified.

    That is seriously cool. I almost wish it were a requirement before someone goes out on the water.

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Zen said…

    Thanks, it is cool!

    And Yeah I have seen some peeps do some really dumb stuff on the water.

    In Japan it is a requirement!

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger David Royall said…

    Congratulations.
    I have three of these certificates from Off-Shore Sailing School courses. Jill has two. We never thought much about the certificates, themselves. But the knowledge that comes along with them is priceless. I believe operating on the water should be similar to operating an aircraft. In flying we must take recurrent training and flight reviews to maintain our certification. It should be the same on the water.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club
  • Join us on Yahoo groups
  • We can make a difference
  •