Zensekai (zen's world under sail)

The sailing adventures of s/v Zen and crew

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Doors
(not the band)

Pre-Dad day...
Friday night Lady Zen and I were up working on stuff for S/V Zen. I sanded the doors and Teaque them out on the lanai. Lots of work but worth it afterwards







Lady Zen was busy sewing a weather cloth
I'm sure she will not like this picture...
I told her she always looks cute















Sat morning after I took her breakfast for working so much, on Friday in spite of hurting back.
I took the weather cloth and installed the gromets in the parking lot of our condo, after cleaning up the lanai mess I had made the night before. It was hot hot hot! the Sun was cooking me...85 degree plus on Sat. I moved to the shade wheeeeeww. Relief...
Meanwhile back upstairs Lady Zen was finishing up the seat cushions












Now off to the marina, ahhh much cooler there. The next slip guys in their power boat were having problems. Fuel pump was not working so they were there complaining louding about what to do and how to fix it. I started sanding. Finally they left. ahhh , I had the place to myself. Turned on some tunes and hung the weather cloth and did some Teaqueing.

Bummer bummer bummer they are back shortly, the power boat gang. These guys are not bad. It is just there are 4 of them, young guys and all that goes with that...
Turns out they had to come back, someone had stolen fuel out of their tank and they were almost out. Poor things, kawaiso , So they had to make a gas run. It was a drag that someone had ripped them off, first I had heard of it in our Marina, but... these same guys caught a fish last week and tried to kill it by beat it in the head. I did not feel sorry they had to post pone their fishing trip today. Maybe some Fish Fairy was paying them back.

After a bit they took off again, I was once again alone with my tunes on a nice sunny afternoon. I reinstalled the doors, put on a new lock system inside, added another coat of Teaque to the hand rails and door jam. It was a good day

Nice doors eh! yeah Baby, yeah

2 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger David Royall said…

    The doors look good in the photos.
    S/V Zen I quite a nice vessel, being made even nicer by caring owners. I enjoy reading about the love you and Lady Zen are putting into it.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Zen said…

    Thank for dropping by Royalld and for taking the time to leave some comments.

    Domo Argato gozamashita

    I'm off to the marina...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club
  • Join us on Yahoo groups
  • We can make a difference
  •