Zensekai (zen's world under sail)

The sailing adventures of s/v Zen and crew

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Tanjoube Osaka time


Sat. was Lady Zen's birthday if we were in Japan, which would be Sunday, which is today here, but Monday there, since they are a day ahead of us.

I planned a small birthday surprise sushi, saki, pie party. She had no idea and was at first not real pleased when all of a sudden guests, of which we almost never have, showed up! heheh.
Whaaaattt , I'm not ready, look how I'm dressed, my hair... tomorrow is my birthday...It is tomorrow in Nippon...surprise ! After a few moments she was ready by her standards...

We had a excellent selection of sushi, and other little things I prepared.

There was some yellowtail sashimi which I had picked up from the Japanese Market, which was flown in from Japan. It is the Lady Zen's favorite. So after having some of that and a few glasses of Sake she was VERY pleased.



Some VERY nice sake I found. Which was recommend by my Japanese langauge Sensei who runs a Japanese market, and does Kendo. We all enjoyed it. Smooth nice flavor. The flower from Manila only had a couple of glasses, she did not want to have a repeat of the Margaretta incident, when we sailed from Benica...








After dinner some Oshii Key Lime pie. Light very tasty not too sweet. Perfect!!

Then a game of pool. I had Lady Zen , the Osaka Hussler on my team. The other side was the Manila Momma and The Rock Doctor. It was fun, lots of missed shots and wrong balls. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club
  • Join us on Yahoo groups
  • We can make a difference
  •