Zensekai (zen's world under sail)

The sailing adventures of s/v Zen and crew

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tillerman's Top Ten Sailing blog awards

The Great GodFather, The grandmaster of sailing blogs, the world known Tillerman posted his list of the Top 10 Sailing blogs for 2006 the other day and
OMG! Zensekai was on the list, with 3rd mention.
Happy Dance

Whahoooooo
I made the list, woooooo hooooo!!! Break out the bubbly!

Ahem * cough cough * Ahem, er yes,

thank you thank you very much...

ahem...

I'd like to thank, Tillerman, EVK4, Roya-san who first gave me the support to keep blogging in my early days and links to my blog.
Also my other loyal readers around the globe, especally those that leave comments or sent me emails! Thanks to the Great Spirit for the blessings of good health, job, family and opening my eyes to other paths in life. Thanks to my teachers and to Nikon for making cool cameras I can afford. Wayfarer Yachts for making a great boat at reasonable cost so that some 20 plus yrs later I could afford to buy one and even dream of sailing offshore half way around the world. Thanks to Blogger for giving free blog space. Thanks to all those who sailed before me long distance and wrote about so I could share the dream and plan my own. Yoh sensei in Japan who's book showned me it could be done in a small boat, and that my ideas about Zen and sailing are not so weird. Thanks to my big sis Becky J, for letting stay on her boat and suggesting buying a sailboat. Thanks to Jane Mansfield for selling her boat so I could get my first sailboat ride on it and giving the Tillerman an excuse to post her picture (maybe why I was really listed )

Thanks to all the vistors to s/v Zen last year, That gave me stuff to write about, the folks over at Sailfar.net for all the guidance on misc topics, and Captn K for really getting going on this blogging stuff. Thanks to all the makers of all those parts that held up through the years so I did not have to replace them before I went sailing last year. Last but not least my almost perfect wife who does not give me grief about spending time and money on the boat!

Wait a minute...
OMG I just thought what a terrible thing this is! Now I have all this pressure to keep quality posting, try to make the list again... next year !!! arrggggggg. How could you do this to me!!!!!

Just kidding, that would be very un-Zen like. To focus on the prize of hitting center and not the merging of the spirit with the act. Or put another way the trip is about the journey not the destination. Do what you do without thinking of the rewards.

Anyway a nice bit of fun to start the New Year adventures.

C- ya on the water...

Oh btw what did I win? I never got my custom made duct tape cup holder. Is this is another rip off...

:-)

5 Comments:

  • At 6:11 AM, Blogger David Royall said…

    Congratulations, Z!

    You deserve the honors you recieved. You have maintained a very interesting and educational blog. I don't always comment, but I always read it and always look forward to your next entry.

    Good going and all the best to you and Lady Zen in 2007.

    Dave

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Zen said…

    Thanks Roya-san, I was really quite surprised. It's been fun.

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Harvey said…

    I know nothing about sailing, but reading your blog makes me wish I could give it a try! Keep it up!

     
  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger Dutch Baka said…

    Hi Zen,

    Congratulations with the award! I hope that many more can enjoy reading your adventures on sea.

    Stuurboord rechts :D

    Dave

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Martin said…

    Great job man, I'm glad to found you it's really a interesting and qualitative info. Thanks for sharing your this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Vice-Commodore - International Yacht Club
  • Join us on Yahoo groups
  • We can make a difference
  •